PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) PhD Scholarships
PhD Scholarships available to support 3-4 year Doctoral Training
in PASET RSIF Priority Thematic Areas
Fourth Call for applications is now open.
Deadline for submission: 30th September 2021 at 5:00 pm (East Africa time;
• PhD Scholarships available for study at RSIF African Host Universities in the PASET Priority
Thematic Areas: (1) ICTs including big data and artificial intelligence, (2) Food security and
agribusiness, (3) Minerals, mining and materials engineering, (4) Energy including renewables, and
(5) Climate change.
• Eligible applicants: Citizens of any country in sub-Saharan Africa. Priority will be given to women
and young academic faculty who do not have a PhD; and applicants who are 35 years of age and
below. Those with PhDs, or currently enrolled in any PhD Program and those holding another PhD
scholarship are not eligible to apply.
• Scholarship period: 3 to 4 years
• Participate in a 6-24-month sandwich placement at an international partner university, research
institute or private company.
• Final selection and notification of awards: January 2022.